Shopping and earning $$$ or FREE goods. Now, that is a perfect side hustle. For the fashionista thinking of the perfect side hustle without any of the work, shopping parties are the way to go. From private shopping events at local boutiques to shopping parties in your home, the sky is the limit. Shopping parties are no longer about tupperware. Let your fashion sense work for you.
Why not make some money or earn free goods while you shop? Most local boutiques will bring everything you need right to the comfort of your home or spot of your choice. Most stylistas need a side hustle during this recession anyway. A fashion side hustle is a great start.
Here are a few tips to hosting your fashion shopping party:
1. Contact local and online boutiques in your area to determine whether they do shopping parties. Call, email or just drop in (if they have a store front).
2. Inquire about hostess incentives. Some boutiques offer a percentage of net sales; others offer a flat rate payment and others will give free fashion accessories or gift certificates to their boutique. Put your negotiating skills to go use.
3. Figure out how many guests you need to invite. Each boutique is different. Some require a minimum sales amount; others require a minimum fashionista body count and others will just show up. You'll know which one suits you best after doing your homework.
4. Determine where to host the party. Some boutiques allow you to use their shop, but don't limit yourself. Find out if your local hair salon will host it. Check out the party room in your condo building, or even your own house.
5. Determine whether or not you'll serve food. Most hosts recommend wine and cheese. It involves less hassle. If this does not meet the dietary requirements of the guests, then choose something that works. You don't have to pay for or provide the food. Most boutiques will provide the food, especially if they host you at their shop.
The key is a successful shopping party is attendees. A great mix of fabulous shoppers/friends makes for a fun-filled shopping event. Nothing beats personal attention - a whole shopping event that caters to you and your crew, coupled with fabulous free fashion for you? What can beat that?
Another way to increase your incentives - Check to see if your office/church/other entity is interested in hosting a shopping party. The more the merrier. Shopping parties are also great ideas for bachelorette parties, bridal/wedding showers and other events. You've done your part. Now, arrange a time, sit back, relax, and enjoy a cozy, intimate and personalized shopping event and your FREE loot.
© 2011 MiMi
MiMi is an attorney, accountant, boutique owner, business and fashion blogger and a budding designer. MiMi is also the National Fashion Examiner for Examiner.com. To learn more about MiMi, click HERE or check out MiMi's side hustle, Boutique Mix.
Do you have questions/tips for MiMi? Please leave a comment on this blog or email MiMi at firstname.lastname@example.org.